"Home Visits" by Joseph Hinckley, age 10

Hola. I want to tell you about a home I visited. I don't remember how long ago it was, so I'll say it was about two months ago. I was with Ryan and Vilma and Thomas.  The family that we were visiting had a child in the Becas program. It is actually called the St. John Bosco Sponsorship program. "Beca" means scholarship in Spanish.  When we got there the family wasn't all together, but the girl in Becas was there doing school work at a table.  Two other boys came in and Vilma took out the crayons and coloring pictures of Our Lady of Guadalupe so all of us kids could color.  Ryan and Vilma talked to the parents.  After a while Vilma took out the daily Mass readings book and read the Gospel for the day's Mass.  Then she led a prayer for the family and their intentions. The mom showed us photos she had of my mom and dad and Juan Pablo as a baby when they lived here before. 

This is a pretty normal home visit.  Sometimes we spend an hour, but sometimes they are almost 2 hours.  Sometimes the people give us something to drink or eat.  One time we got to play soccer with the kids. 

Comments