Living History Farm

I've been wanting to take the kids to the nearby living history farm for a while. A few weeks ago when a friend called me up in the afternoon to tell me about an opportunity to go the next morning at 8, I thought, "That's a bit early, but we can do it." We would be doing someone a favor, meeting up with friends, and doing what I've been wanting to do. The favor part was being available for a photo shoot that was happening at the farm. So we got to bed a bit earlier that night and everybody was up, dressed and fed by 7:30. Now that's a feat!
It was a great day and here it is in photos:







This is homemade lard soap scented with lavender.


Comments

Amy said…
Wow- that takes me back! I still remember our first grade field trip... a loonnng time ago!

And I love (of course) the homemade soap!
Lillian said…
Ooooh! Where is this? I would love to take the kids!
Hinckley said…
Hi Lillian,
This one is on the Lyndon B Johnson (LBJ) State Park in Stonewall. The following links are extra info:
http://trailsoftradition.com/Farm.htm
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/parkguide/rgn_hc_008.phtml

Let us know if you decide to make the drive. There are plenty of places to picnic right there within the park, as well as a nice swimming pool.
~Michelle