Christ is Risen! Alleluia!








As I was brushing my teeth tonight, I realized to my great horror that I had forgotten to have my children brush their teeth. Now on most any other day, I would have just rolled my eyes, sighed, and maybe said a short prayer for mercy. But, today of all days, they needed to brush those little teeth. Because today they gobbled more sugary treats than all other days of the year. And rightly so. I don't regret letting them eat the candy, fudge, cake, jello eggs, brownies, and more candy on this holy celebration of our Lord's Resurrection from the dead... but their teeth did need a good brushing. Oh, well, it would take a good loud bullhorn to wake them up now as they were all bushed after an early rising to eat "Ressurection Rolls" before 9am Mass. Mass was followed by a fun delicious brunch and egg hunt with several families from Church. Eventually after much visiting and playing...and eating treats, we headed home to get dinner ready for Daniel's parents. We had another egg hunt with them, plus a walk and games of tag and "capture the flag" and "Simon says." No one napped except Solanus. They did eventually crash...before I remembered to hand them their toothbrushes. Please, God, don't let their teeth rot while they sleep.

Below are photos of Solanus from Saturday night. He was still up when I was putting out Easter things including a bowl full of chocolate. While I went into the laundry room, he did this:
I must remember that he can reach items on the table. :)
May you and your family have a grace-filled Octave of Easter!

Comments

Jennifer Perone said…
okay Michelle 2 things:
1) I can't BELIEVE how big the kids are getting...Juan Pablo and Emmanuel are SO big!

2) Solanus in this picture reminds me of that picture that Brit took of Juan Pablo and the shoe and his "oops" face! :)