Yay for Babies and Beignets (ben-yays)! Happy Birthday to Mary, too!

Our Labor Day weekend turned out to be more exciting than I thought it would be when Daniel asked me on Friday morning if I was going to call up our friends in Baton Rouge, LA, to see if we could come visit them. Now he had been mentioning this off and on over the last week or so, but I never thought he was really serious since Baton Rouge IS a 8 to 9 hour drive. But he decided he really was serious that morning before he left for work. So I called up our Cajun friends to see if they had any plans for the weekend. They didn't and we were welcomed to come.
I packed us up on Friday. Daniel came home; we ate, loaded up ourselves and the 4 kiddos, and were off. Thankfully, my sister and brother-in-law live right off of I-10 in Houston and we spent the night there.
After a good night's sleep and a complimentary breakfast of Texas-shaped waffles and juice provided by Mel and Kev, we were on the road again.
Our time with Jesse and Alyson and in-womb Baby G was filled with fun walks, playing in the rain, apple pancakes, and conversations about home improvements, house-buying, motherhood, married life, faith, and the good ol' days of life in the missions (we know them from our time in Honduras).
I think we were able to make them truly grateful that they were only having one little babe at a time, not acquiring 4 crazy kids all at once! :) (In other words, we wore them out.)
The following pictures are from our breakfast at Coffee Call for yummy beignets and cafe au lait:

Finger lickin' good!

At the park, while the men worked on plumbing back at the house:

We arrived home at midnight last night, so today I don't have much energy to do all the special activities I had planned for the kids for Our Lady's birthday. I should be taking a nap now with the two little ones... But I offer this day for Daniel's cousin Sara who's welcoming her first child into the world today and for all the pregnant mommas out there.

Comments

mohundro mom said…
Michelle! I love it I love it I love it! I miss my homeland! Can't believe ya'll made the 9 hour trip with 4 wee ones... I am impressed. But it was all worth it for the Coffee Call breakfast... yum (well and I'm sure it was great to see good friends;D ). prayers for you and your familia :)