Blender Eggs

Daniel's brother Philip, who was in a horrible car accident a year ago, just had a bone graft surgery on Thursday to get his mouth ready for teeth implants (or should that be tooth implants?). The surgery left his mouth really sore and he can only have cool liquids for the first 4 days. When we visited him on Friday morning, guess what he was having for breakfast...Blender eggs!!!

His mother made this for him. I had never heard of it, would not try it, and was almost gagging as he sipped it. I don't know what it is... I can enjoy scrambled eggs, but just the thought of frothy eggs and toast makes my stomach turn. But just in case you'd like to try it, the recipe follows.


Two eggs cooked (these were cooked in the micro, but you can use a skillet if you like) and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste

Toast one piece of bread and butter it. Then tear off crusts.
Put eggs, toast, milk, and shredded cheese in the blender.

Blend until frothy. (yech!)
Pour into a cup and serve. (Double yech!)

*Can my blog be considered a food blog now? :)

Comments

KBratten said…
Yeah, I don't know that I could stomach it either.... even with all the evidence that it's a normal breakfast meal just blended up :). But, I suppose jello and milkshakes and broth can get rather boring.