The wait has begun...

Today Daniel left for Nicaragua. It was an early morning for us, and I drove straight home from the San Antonio Airport in the wee mornin' light. I got the sleeping kids out of the car with the help of my parents. It was a short but freezing walk from the car to the house. I believe the freezing woke them up. So as soon as they had eaten breakfast, I put on a Veggie Tales movie and crashed on the couch beside them. When that one was finished and I still couldn't keep my eyes open, I told them to put on another 30 minute train movie. By then end of their early morning movie time, I felt like my body had recovered enough sleep to function until an afternoon nap.

Daniel called from an international calling place on his way to the grocery store once he had been to the house, taken note of the pantry status, and made a grocery list. He was already ready to come home...and we're already ready for him to come back. Do you realize how long three weeks are? So the new prayer is that he could get the plans for Convento San Antonio (the friary being built) done in two weeks or less and he could change his ticket to come home earlier. The old prayer was that we would all survive the three weeks of seperation with as few tears as possible...and that the baby would wait until after Daniel returns to come, which is an unchanged prayer.

I have been singing this song all evening (to the tune of "On the Road Again"):

All alone again.
I just can't stand being all alone again.
This time I'm spending is so far away from Dan
And I just can't stand being all alone again.

I love you, Daniel.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Prayers that your time of separation will go quickly and without any surprises!
Blair said…
Praying for you guys! I'm all alone this week too (Steven's on a business trip), and approaching a big MRI for Mary Clare on Saturday, so I feel your sadness :(