Still no computer...

We're at the library. The boys are contented with books and Maria Victoria is sleeping on my lap.
So I thought I'd try for a bit of a blog.
Daniel has been working, working, working at the Sisters' convent and things have been moving along. They are in their chapel now that the green walls have been painted to linen white, the wood floor was found under yucky tile and refinished, some of the walls were fixed, electrical wires replaced, new lights and ceiling fans put in, and some doors lengthened and changed around. It looks beautiful. The sisters love it.
Now he is concentrating on the two kitchens. One is on the first floor and is industrial sized to be used for a soup kitchen of some sort. Last week, a nearby church gave the sisters a large gas stove and even moved it in for them. Daniel said it was quite a job and required six men moving it (800 lbs.) out of the church rectory, through the church (Daniel praying all the while for the safety of the men carrying it and preservation of the beautiful marble floors of the church), down many steps, and into a van. At the convent, it had to be partially disassembled to be moved into the kitchen. Thankfully, it only had to go up the back 3 steps and inside a bit.
The other kitchen is the sister own kitchen which is more household-like, but has to be used by many sisters at one time. They are also using donated things in this kitchen, so Daniel had some challenging rearranging in figuring out exactly how to fit in the coutertops, sinks, stove and refridgerator. But he did it, and now, with the help of a plumber who is graciously volunteering his services, they can start putting it all together. Daniel is continually amazed by God's graciousness...and sense of humor. One day everything will go wrong and he comes home discouraged and the next day everything goes better than he could have imagined or orchestrated himself.

The last two weekends we've enjoyed some beautiful Masses and fellowship with the friars and sisters. On Corpus Christi Sunday, we went to the Dominican Sisters' Monastary of Corpus Christi for Mass, a procession and even a lunch inside the cloister (the one day a year they open their cloistered area to the public) gardens for a picnic dinner. Some of the CFR sisters were there also, so we ate with them on the grass.
This Saturday was the profession of Final Vows for two of the CFR sisters, Sister Agnes and Sister Cecilia. It was a beautiful Mass and a fun reception afterwards...very much like a wedding.

I am finally facing the fact that I have to take the kids (and myself) to the dentist. Yuck! I think Juan Pablo has several cavities and I'm pretty sure I do, too. I'm dreading the visit and the bill!!!

Here are some quotes from Juan Pablo to leave you with:

"Momma, if you were a horse, I'd pet you."

"Momma, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Comments

Evans Tucker said…
I'm still enjoying reading your blogs. Your kids are hilarious! Keep up the writing!

What exactly is the situation with your computer (or lack thereof)? I can get you a decent laptop if you're in need of one. I've got literally piles of computers at work that we're recycling because they past the 3 year warranty. Give me a call or send me an e-mail if you need one.