From Philip

This is from http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philiphinckley.


"Howdy,
It is finally me writing to update you all on my condition. I have settled into my parent's house in Mason up on the hill and have been able to get around well in the house. Physical therapy has been going well at the local clinic, my therapist Kelly has been working with me to get up and moving on crutches. I can walk around for about 15-20 minutes before tireing out. With practice and exercise I should regain my strength and stamina quickly.
Last Tuesday (04/27) we traveled back to Temple for a check-up with the orthopedics doctor at Scott & White. The doctor was very happy with the healing in my ankle and heel and removed all the bandaging from my right leg. He gave me direction to leave the heel free/open and to work on range of motion but not to place any weight on the heel. It feels great to be free of all the bandaging and restrictions.
Most of the swelling has gone down in my face and I have been feeling quite well. Of course eating is still an adventure in liquid diet, though my mother has become quite proficient in blending and straining all sorts of interesting dishes.
I thank all of you for your prayers and support and feel blessed by all your caring responses. I pray that all you are equally blessed in your own lives and families. I am sure that I will soon be up and going just as before the wreck and I look forward to visiting will each of you."

Comments

Lillian said…
I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better and on the mend, even if slowly. Although I feel for him, having to eat pureed food and all.

We'll keep him in our prayers!