Pope Siting

*Edited to add more pictures from Terry's camera (a much nicer one than mine). :)

Feeding time for Maria Victoria.
B 16 entering the Cathedral.
My group: Maria Victoria, me, Carol Restaine, Terry Ferrer, and Etel Hernandez (all friends from Honduras)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of people. The motorcade...I thought my boys would like a photo of all the motorcycles.

Maria Victoria got up at 5:30 this morning to head down to St. Patrick's Cathedral for the "Street Gallery" for the Mass for religious orders....never have I seen so many bishops, cardinals, and priests. We got tickets the night before during our attempt to serenade the Pope at his residence here in NYC. We were too late, but got so see lots of people who weren't and its always fun to be able to walk down the streets and run into lots of Pope-lovers. :) On one street corner someone was giving out a few tickets that they had left for this Street Gallery. We got enough for all five of us, but by the time we got back to the house and to bed...11:30pm, we didn't think it was wise to try to get everyone up just 6 hours later, drag them downtown via subway and lots of walking to stand in large, long lines to get a possible look at the Pope and watch a Mass on the jumbotron...so just Maria Victoria and I did it (well, we left just as Mass was starting since she was wanting to crawl all over and I didn't think the ground we were standing on was a good place...I did put her down a few times and she tried to eat pieces of food she found). I breastfed her on the subway and again sitting on the ground once we got to our places behind the gates. She was great. While down there, I saw another family with three kids exactly our kids' ages. While talking to them I said that I was impressed with their courage to do it and that my husband was at home with our 4 yo and 2 yo. The wife just grinned and said oh, don't tell my husband that (he was wearing the 4 yo in a backpack thing and carrying the 2 yo, while she had the 8 mo). The husband shook his head and said I'm impressed with your husband's wisdom. :)



Pope Benedict XVI is on the jumbotron in these pictures.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Be sure to give B 16 lots of love from Texas! I would sure love to be there!!

Karie Kosh
Wow, it was really exciting to see pictures of you all welcoming the Pope! I am so glad you got to spend some time with Carol... I really hope she stops by our school on her way back to Honduras.

I hope Daniel's brother is doing better. I'm praying for him.

My love to you all!!!