Philip Update

Yesterday, Daniel called his parents and they woke up Philip so he could talk to his brother. And so with no front teeth, a tracheotomy, and his jaw wired shut, Philip asked Daniel about New York weather. I believe he was being moved out of the ICU room to a regular room yesterday or today. He would begin taking food through a straw instead of a feeding tube or an IV. All who see him and are caring for him are very impressed with his progress. Praise God!

His parents have this site that they can update with progress and I'll leave y'all with that. Thank you so much for your prayers...we can't say that enough.

Comments

Evans Tucker said…
Hey, I don't have a phone number for you or Daniel. I wanted to call you guys to let you know that I'm coming up to NYC from Apr 23rd to Apr 27th!

Philip was doing pretty well when I visited him this weekend. About as well as permitted by the physical laws of the universe anyway. He smiled a few times while we were talking to him, so I knew he could hear us and his spirits were high despite his condition...
Evans Tucker said…
Um... I suppose I should leave some contact info. (512) 563-8304.
Hinckley said…
Great, Evans. We look forward to seeing you. Our # is 830-456-6415. Give us a ring when you get into town...we'll take you to the Zoo. :)
Unknown said…
I tried the link on your website for Philip and it didn't work. Here is the correct address
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/philiphinckley

check it out, I'm updating it for Monica daily, and reading the messages for Philip. (They don't have internet available to patients and families there)
Anonymous said…
Evans had let us know what had happened. Continued prayers for a quick and full recovery!