Fun Meme

Lillian tagged me. :)



Rules of the meme:


1. Post these rules of the game first.


2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.


3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names. Then the tagger goes to the blogs of those who have been tagged & leaves a comment letting new players know they’ve been tagged. The tagger asks them to find the meme and instructions back at his/her blog.


What I was doing 10 years ago:



I was 18 years old and in my last semester of high school, throwing the discus in track and field, making sure all my paperwork for scholarships and attending TAMU (the only school I applied to)was completed, and looking forward to two summer trips to California (one that I won for doing a 4-H method demonstration on cooperatives and one with my aunt and 4 little cousins just for fun).



Five things on my To Do List today:


1. Make red beans, so I can make baleadas for dinner.



2. Fingerpaint with the kiddos.




3. Make bed in guest room for friend Etel who is spending Saturday night with us so we can go to the Mass at the Youth 2000 retreat in Brooklyn.



4. Start packing up clothes we won't wear anymore for the rest of our time here in NY, so Daniel can take it to Texas on Monday when he goes to visit his brother and parents...making less stuff for us to take back when we finially drive back sometime this summer.


5. Make granola.



Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:


1. Buy a big ol' piece of land in Central Texas on which to start a Catholic Community for families.


2. Buy some cows and goats and chickens and such to put on the land.


3. Buy necessary farm equipment for land.


4. Build houses, barns, and a chapel for community.


5. Give whatever money not needed for this to the Church.



Three of my bad habits:



1. Losing my temper and yelling.



2. Biting my nails.



3. Not praying enough.





Five places I have lived:



1. Yokoska, Japan for 6 weeks

2. College Station, TX for college

3. NYC:the South Bronx for 6 months, East Harlem for 3 months, and now north Manhattan

4. Comayagua, Honduras for 3.5 years

5. Central Texas for the rest of my life not accounted for in the above 4





Five jobs I’ve had:


1. waitress (at 2 different places and times)

2. busgirl

3. kitchen aide at hospital (know how to make lots of things with jello)

4. secretary for my father's medical billing business

5. bed and breakfast care-taker

Ok, I tag Marcela, Jenny, Etel, Jena, and Maria Victoria...only do it if you want and/or have time, ladies.

Comments

Lillian said…
Thanks for playing, Michelle! So, what are the 101 things one can make with jello?!?
Hinckley said…
Well, I don't know that I could think of 101 things, but I will tell you that one of my favorites to make is jello fluff...you make whatever flavor you like to the package directions (in that kitchen the jello powder came in large bags and we usually had orange, lime, strawberry and cherry), once it has set a bit but not totally firm you beat in freshly whipped cream. Then put it back in the fridge to firm up. Very yummy. :)