Zoo Animals

Yesterday, we finally got to the Bronx Zoo. Wednesdays are free days and the previous two Wednesdays it rained. Yesterday was beautiful. We were trying to go before it gets too cold, because some animals aren't out when it's really cold. So, what did we see?

Giraffe, Giraffe, what do you see?
I see a cheetah looking at me?
Cheetah, Cheetah, what do you see?

I see a zebra looking at me.
Zebra, Zebra, what do you see?

I see a Blesbok (African antelope) looking at me.
Blesbok, Blesbok, what do you see? I see a peacock looking at me.
Peacock, Peacock, what do you see?
I see a Crane looking at me.
Crane, Crane, what do you see?

I see a Nymala (striped deer) looking at me.
Nymala, Nymala, what do you see?

I see a Baboon (to the right of Juan Pablo's head) looking at me.
Baboon, Baboon, what do you see?
I see a Pink Flamingo looking at me.
Pink Flamingo, Pink Flamingo, what do you see?

*It's amazing what Daniel will get me to pose as.

I see a Condor looking at me.
Condor, Condor, what do you see?


I see Daniel, Michelle, Juan Pablo, Emmanuel, and Maria Victoria looking at me.
Daniel, Michelle, Juan Pablo, Emmanuel, and Maria Victoria, what do you see?

We see animals looking at us.
That's what we see.
*This is modeled after the Brown Bear, Brown Bear book that we love, in case you non-children's books readers were wondering. And I know the pictures are all that great...you'll just have to go to the zoo nearest you to get the full effect.

One of the weirdest group of animals Daniel and I noticed were this group of about 20 or so 5th or 6th graders around us at some of the exhibits who all pulled out their slim, stylish cell phones to snap photos of the zebras. Too bad I didn't get a photo of that! :) When that happened Daniel and I just looked at each other with that "What has this world come to?" look.

Comments

Em said…
Thanks for the Brown Bear recollection. We wore the covers off that book.
And that's hilarious about the 5th graders. What has the world come to?!
Anonymous said…
Hello Hinckleys! I wanted to respond to this entry for a few days but never got around to it and you've already posted two entries since. The costumes are so cute by the way, but don't even begin to do justice to the holiness within each of you. Anyway, yeah, so just thought I'd say it's good to see he made it out to see them for real, but I definitely miss looking at the animals on my computer with Juan Pablo. Miss y'all! Love y'all! Marylee
Anonymous said…
Aaw! That's so adorable! Your family has grown quite a bit since I visited Honduras! God bless y'all!