A week old!

Maria Victoria celebrates her week birthday on the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mother and on her Grandpa Hinckley's birthday (and a few other fine persons' birthdays that we know). She is doing great eating, sleeping, and making dirty diapers.
{Diaper Free Update: So far we've just been using cloth diapers and towels and trying to "get" her signals. Today as I sit here catching up on blogs and such at the computer, I have her diaperless (with a cloth nearby) and a bowl ready. I've caught 2 pees and a poop and missed a pee all in an hour and a half. But when we go to Mass at noon I'll put her in a disposable. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it up.}
Thank God for Guardian Angels...the evening before last my sister, Daniel, and I took the kids for a walk with the boys in strollers and me carrying Maria Victoria in a sling. It was fairly late and getting darker as we walked. I was walking in the middle of the two pushinf strollers and at one point I looked down and stepped over something without really thinking about it. But then I turned around and really looked at what I had stepped over. "Was that a snake?" Sure enough, it was a small snake which we couldn't tell if it was dead or not. After throwing some gravel on it, we found it was alive AND a rattlesnake!!! Daniel could just barely see the markings on it. We didn't have anything to kill it with, but Daniel tried with a tree branch which just chased it off the road. Laying in bed that night, Daniel and I talked about how our night could have been completely different with me laying in a hospital bed if I had just stepped a bit differently. Thank you, Guardian Angels. Now we'll take our walks a bit earlier.

Comments

Em said…
ick. that's totally freaky. Go Guardian Angels!
veronica said…
way to go! catching 2 pees and a poop...that's big stuff :) I look forward to hearing more of your stories..perhaps I can get your phone where I can reach you as I would love to be updated and chit chat a bit about the nitty gritty! Blessings to you and your sweet family!