Pink, Pink, and More Pink!!!

This weekend my cousins and aunts threw me and Maria Victoria a baby shower and all I can say is "generous" and "pink!" They were all so very generous...it's a bit overwhelming...in the best sense of the word. And she will be all decked out in pinks and purples, flowers and bows. We were talking about how she'll almost definitely be a tomboy with having two older brothers to keep up with...but she doesn't have to look like one. :)
After the luncheon shower (did I forget to mention the really good food? I think I could live off of chicken salad sandwiches and yummy salads.) , we went to my cousin and his new bride's welcome home reception as they were married in Dalhart, TX and will be living Fredericksburg. It started at 5pm but we didn't arrive until almost 6. We started to eat (another very yummy meal: roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, green salad, buttered bread, jello salad, and iced tea) at about 6:45. After eating and playing with cousins, Juan Pablo asked me at about 8:15 when the dancing got started, "Momma, why is this party so long? I'm ready to go home." And, boy, was that music to my ears! Pregnancy has definitely made me less social.
Yesterday we drove with my parents to Austin for my brother's last Mass at St. Theresa's and the reception that followed. That was his first assignment and he really loved the people...they will miss each other lots. Fr. Brian will have an interesting transition as he goes from a parish with lots of weekend Masses and a school to a parish in Temple of much small size and no school. Sounds like he'll have plenty of time on his hands to figure out what God wants him to do. It was very edifying having people thank me for my brother and what he has meant to them as their pastor. Praise God.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Michelle- I enjoyed the trip photos! We will be so happy to have Fr. Brian in Temple! We attend Christ the King in Belton, but Willie and I think we might have to head to St. Luke's every now and then! Glad that you and the family are doing well. Prayers for you and Maria Victoria!
~ Kristy
Sounds like ya´ll are having a lot of fun. I would´ve liked to see Daniels face when he saw all the pink... Now, it´s just the begining, when she comes to this world she will get more and more pink outfits. Maria Teresa is 8 months and people have been very generouse, we have only bought her 2 pairs of socks so far.