Forgiven

Sometimes parenting is hard. Today was one of those days when I look back and I can say that I didn't do my job as a mother very well. I could blame it on the kids and say that they were just having a demanding, whiny, disobedient day. Of course they were demanding, whiny, and disobedient, but I could say the same for myself. I demanded things of them when I should have asked and demonstrated and made it fun. I whined to myself when they took longer than I wanted them to, when they didn't do what I wanted them to do, when they whined to me. And I disobeyed. I disobeyed my calling from God to be the attentive, self-giving, loving, caring, compassionate, generous mother He's asked me to be.
I thank God and my kids for being so forgiving and loving. As I put Juan Pablo to sleep tonight knowing that I yelled at him way too much today, he says, "Mommy, I love you and you love me." And that's that.
Thank you for forgiving me, all my faults and bad days and mistreatments of you. Thank you, Juan Pablo. Thank you, Lord.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Michelle,
I think this is one of the first times I have realized the true love of being a mother. Seeing that it is not just you forgiving your children, but your children forgiving you; it is not just about them living out a life of holiness, but you demonstrating that holiness in a whole new way- wow! Thank you for the insight into being a loving mother and giving me a glimpse of what that entails.

We will be praying for your new little girl!
Lucy
Michelle,

It´s amazing to read this and realize that I am not the only one feeling that way. Sometimes Maria Teresa just wants Momma and wakes up every two hours and me instead of understanding her and make her feel better from her teething I get upset because I cann´t get a good night sleep. I feel so bad afterwards and ask her and God for forgiveness. It is hard to be a mom! Please pray for me and I will pray for you.
Love,Marcela