Off to Colorado

We're leaving for family vacation tomorrow early morning. First to Dalhart (way north Texas) for my cousin's wedding on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we head out to our rustic cabin in Colorado. We, as in me, Daniel and Juan Pablo, haven't been up there since Juan Pablo was 3 months old. This year we'll celebrate the cabin's 20th anniversary. My parents and some aunts and uncles, my grandmother, and my brothers all helped build it. It is up in the hill overlooking the valley and on the other side is the Sangre de Cristo mountain range. We have no running water or electricity at the cabin, so we get to do our week of roughin' it. Growing up, my immediate family went up there at least once a year in the summer and sometimes twice to go skiing in the winter. I have the best memories from our vacations at the cabin and look forward to making more this trip. Hopefully Maria Victoria will stay put inside my tummy and keep healthy and remember she has one more month to grow before she can make her entrance into the world. And hopefully the boys won't go too crazy during all the 9 hours of driving tomorrow! Look forward to sharing photos when we get back.

Comments

Em said…
Oh my goodness.... one more month?!!! I didn't realize it was already almost time!!! How exciting!
Have fun on vacation - it sounds beautiful!