MEME: 8 Random Facts About Me

Lillian tagged me and it has taken me a while to get around to just sitting down and doing it, but finally...

First, the rules:

For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.



1. I get restless. Though I grew up in the same town in the same house until I moved to college, now I "need" or like change. I was in a different dorm room or apartment each year in college. I also took a year off from school between sophomore and junior year and went to NYC to volunteer. The longest I've stayed with the same job (besides housewifing and mothering) is 1 year...and that was only part time during college. So the missionary life actually suits me well, but I'm sure I'll be given the grace to settle down if God calls us to that.


2. The first time I ever went to Eucharistic Adoration was once in high school. My now priest brother took me and I think I understood somewhat of what it was all about. The second time was the Nun Run II trip that I went on right before I started my freshman year at TAMU. We, 24 female college students and 1 campus minister, went around the country visiting religious orders, learning about their way of life and praying with them. Normally we would stay the night in a convent and sometimes have an hour of Adoration during the night. Boy was that hard, but I started to "get" it and my first semester of college I went to daily Mass and had a regular weekly hour of Adoration. I learned a whole lot those two weeks of Nun Run.


3. I bite my nails. Yuck!, I know, but I always have and probably always will. I've never really tried to stop because I have never wanted long (or even longer) nails. Thankfully Daniel has short nails too because he bites them...I think it would be a little weird if my husband had longer nails than me.


4. I am a not-so-wonderful driver. I have a tendency to speed and, even worse, get into fender-benders. Now that I have kids and a husband, by mutual agreement, Daniel always drives if we are going somewhere together. The thing is...I don't know why I am such a lousy driver. I don't consider myself an airhead or spacey...the only time I feel that my fender-bender was just my stupidity was when Daniel and I were driving off in seperate cars in seperate directions at a Y in the road and I bumped the back of a van who was stopped in my lane to turn, who I didn't see in enough time because I was waving Good-bye toDaniel. My most recent fender-bender I am contesting to the judge because it was raining, my brakes locked up and the wheels hydroplaned. This is my first auto-accident since getting married. Daniel has never ever had an accident or a speeding ticket so he enjoys the stories of each of my incidents.

5. I love to bake. I just finished baking 2 loaves of Pumpkin bread and 14 dozen "Power" cookies for our family vacation to a cousin's wedding in Dalhart and then on to our rustic cabin in Colorado this weekend. I don't like to bake muffins or cupcake, but breads (quick more so than yeast), cookies, and brownies are my standard.

6. I hate shopping, except for groceries. If I go shopping, I have to know what I am looking for and really need it or I'll debate forever whether I should buy it or not if I think the price is too high. Like I said, that goes for everything except food. With food I can be somewhat of an impulse buyer.

7. I have a high tolerance for pain. I rarely take pain-relievers and so when I got this horrible sinus infection 2 weeks ago, it didn't even occur to me to take a pregnancy-safe pain-reliever like tylenol for the crazy pain that made the whole left side of my face throb and my teeth ache...until I just couldn't get to sleep. I took two tylenol and the throbbing practically cleared up instantly. I guess that's the reward you get for putting up with minor pains for the rest of the year.

8. Ok, this is a cop-out one because I'm too lazy to think of anything more interesting right now: my favorite color is blue...all shades. Once in junior high my mom's Avon catalogue had a chart thing to help you find out what your coloring is, what colors of make-up you should wear, and I remember learning I have "summer coloring" which suited me fine because I that meant blue was a good color on me. For the record, I have worn make-up maybe 4 times in my life including my wedding which felt so weird that I wiped the lipstick off soon after my sister-in-law put it on. (It wasn't that she put it on badly...it just felt too weird.)

I tag Marcela and Maria Victoria and Jenny. Sorry that's all I know whom haven't been tagged.

Comments

Lillian said…
Michelle,

Thanks for playing! I enjoyed learning more about you!!