Babies and Butterflies...

Last weekend we had a baby shower for my sister-in-law whose baby boy is due about 2 weeks after our Maria Victoria. It is so much fun seeing her and my brother getting excited about their first child. I can see them changing and growing in new ways (besides just her belly :) ) They are already starting their parenting adventure out well, with care, preparation, and joy!!!



One of the things I love about living out in the country is being surrounded by nature. My mother and grandmother have beautiful plants everywhere (with which the boys can get a little overly playful...so far not too much harm has come to them...that is the plants). Playing and walking and working outside is so pleasant despite the rising Texas heat. The boys got to see one of nature's fascinating happenings up-close. We found a Monarch caterpillar on a milkweed along our road and took it in. We kept it in a container with lots of milkweed for food and it soon formed a cocoon. About a week later we let go a beautiful butterfly.



One of the most natural things we've had to adjust to (or should I say, are still trying to adjust to) coming back to Texas is the late sunrise. Back in Honduras, almost all year round, the sun sets around six. Here it is still light at 9pm!! I'm afraid getting the kids to bed by 8pm hasn't happened even once yet, well, unless you count Juan Pablo falling asleep while eating his dinner one day because he was so tired. I love sunset time and can't stand being inside the bathroom giving the kids a bath missing out on such a beautiful site. This one was after an evening rain shower complete with rainbow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to have you back and enjoying the time with your famiy :)
Lillian said…
I was so happy to you post. I'm sure you're having fun catching up with family. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. If you're ever in the area (S.A.) please call on us!!