Well and Busy

I'm feeling great...thanks for all the sympathy given. I appreciate it and actually feel a little bad that I might have exaggerated just how I was doing. I never really felt that horrible, but I did like to use the excuse to get things or get out of things like, "Oh, Daniel, I don't feel like cooking tonight. You know how this pregnancy makes me feel. Could you run and pick up a pizza for dinner, please?" Or, "You know how anemic I get during pregnancy. I am so craving a hamburger. How about we drive through Wendy's for lunch?" For the readers' information, the only place here that makes a decent burger is Wendy's. Some days Daniel and I just sit and talk about food and places we'd like to go eat a good burger if we were back in Texas, like Fitz Willy's if we were in College Station or Porky's if we were in Fredericksburg. Then we resign ourselves to a peanut butter and honey sandwich...I'm so glad the boys like peanut butter sandwiches. I can't believe I don't have guilt trips for what my family does or doesn't eat in a day after majoring in Nutritional Science. Don't worry; I'm cooking again. We're eating vegetables that are greener than iceburg lettuce now.
So, yes, I've been feeling fine for a good while now, but I think I got so used to not using the computer during that time that sitting down at it again is not as pleasant. Well, add to that the fact that we're moving. It's sorta funny, but the three other blogs that I read regularly (http://blairandsteven.blogspot.com/ , http://www.smithflections.blogspot.com/ , http://www.6finches.blogspot.com/ ) because I know the people personally and they are good, fun, Catholic moms...all three are moving or just have moved. They are all moving to other towns, but we're just moving one block over into the apartment that was built into Casa Guadalupe as a place for missionary families to live. We've been living in a rented house right next to the friary on one side and Casa G is on the other side. We still have no idea what we're doing next or when we'll actually move from Honduras, but it will be fun to live there even if it is only for 2 months or so. The view is great as it is on the second floor, so we'll have at least a month of beautiful sunsets to gaze at during dinner.
Still no camera. A photoless post.

Comments

Em said…
Hey Michelle,
I just had a quiet moment and thought I would pop on over to your blog. I have been re-reading some of your posts... and finally decided to comment. Just wanted to tell you that your post about eating bad food while pregnant made me feel so much better!!!:) I care to the point of being a little bit obsessive about nutrition... but when I am morning sick I can not even look at anything prepared in my own kitchen without wretching. I don't know why but all I can eat is Wendy's and Taco Bell. Every pregnancy I tell myself that I will do better. Oh well.... maybe on #5! ... And my kids... I remember I told them one time from the couch to just go get something out of the refrigerator. They came out of the kitchen with a big pot of pasta, put it on the floor and just scooped gobs of it out with their hands. I was too sick to care. Now I look back and cringe. phew. glad to get that off my chest.
Love your blog!