Animo! or lack thereof...

With our camera officially broken and therefore no fun photos to post, I have have not had much desire to post anything. Well, add to that the fact that I'm in the first trimester of pregnancy with our third little one. Yes, a great blessing for our family as long as you overlook the filthy floor, the mounds of laundry, the sink overflowing with dishes, and the lack of healthy, savory, home-cooked meals served up three times a day. I'm not saying that before I felt the tides of nausea, lethargy, headaches, and dizziness wash over me I had all the housekeeping perfectly under control. It's just that I think I had more constancy and frequency in doing normal household chores. During these last few weeks, I've had no desire to do anything much more than sleep. Due to being a mother to two boys ages 1 and almost 3, I've had to do the usual breaking up fights, picking up toys, nursing, giving baths, etc. or else there would be a revolt, of course. Sporadic bursts of energy...bursts doesn't really seem the right word...something less full of energy would be more appropriate to call the times when I am able to do the necessary things around the house to keep it from getting the classification of "pigsty." I am having those with more frequency and for longer duration now, so I think it was just a first trimester funk.
So all you friends out there to whom I normally would have already told the news about the baby in a bit more personal way, I apologize. There have been many times in the recent past when I have sat before the computer looking with glazed eyes at my email inbox knowing I should write an email or two but just not being able to muster the animo (Spanish for the strength, energy, desire to do something). So writing this post is definitely a sign of better days...not sure if that includes much blogging as I may be having increasing amounts of energy, but I have not found that I have increasing amounts of witty things to say...and no pictures to share until I can borrow a camera or something.
Baby #3 is due July 29...not sure where we'll be then, but God knows.

Comments

Blair said…
Congratulations Michelle and family! Prayers for you. I hope you feel better soon. And I can't wait to hear what God has in store for your family this new year.
Em said…
Congratulations!!!! I hope you feel better soon!