Sunday - No Stained Glass - Just Rest & Relaxation

Today was a fun day. We went to Mass at the friary and afterwards had a pig cookout. Brother Nathanael made a really cool hanging grill (I'll post a photo of it soon) on which he cooked up some fresh pork donated by benefactors of the friars. There is an US/Honduran Army Base nearby, and the friars have friends that live and/or work there. A few came over including the family that donated the pig for a BBQ in the friars' backyard.

Juan Pablo spent most of the time playing in the chicken coop. He really enjoys taking feed out of the feeder and throwing it at the chickens, taking the small water hose from their waterer and spraying them with it, taking eggs from under them to squash in his hands, and just pestering them in general. Emmanuel enjoyed drooling on the other guests. Daniel and I enjoyed playing washers. My mother gave me an Aggie maroon and white set of washers while we were in Texas last August, and we finially got to use them. I beat Daniel, of course. :) Most of the others had never played or even seen the game before, but a few decided to give it a try. Friends, BBQ, country music, washers, sunny afternoon...what more could you ask for...well, maybe some Shiner.

In the evening we went to the Missioners for a little birthday celebration...singing, cake, ice cream, visiting.

The Missioners have a little box with two thin turtles about the size of chicken nuggets. The box was on the floor and Emmanuel decided to take a look. Soon he picked one of the turtles up for a closer look. As soon as I took it from his hands and put it back in the box, I glanced over to see Juan Pablo taking off his diaper saying, "Me have poopoo." (Sorry if that was too much info for some of you.). I ran over and helped him get it back on while motioning to Daniel that it was time to go. I turned to go pick up Emmanuel and...he was just about to bite down on the turtle. Of course, I screamed, "NOOOOO!" Then he screamed, "Ahhhh!," but didn't let go of the turtle. As far as I know the turtle didn't bite back and his screaming was just a reaction to my screaming.

As I said, it was a fun day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, Michelle. I'm crying because I'm laughing so hard. I wonder what would have happened it he did bite the turtle! Love- Melanie