Stained Glass Project - Day ?

Well, I haven't been keeping track of what day it is on this project, nor have I posted anymore photos because the photos started to all look the same and I didn't want to bore you. Actually, all the glass panels are finished. I believed Brent and Monica finished the last one up on Saturday or Sunday. For some reason the days have all been running together. Now Brent, Monica, Daniel, and Br. Honorat are all working on the nice wood frame the glass will set in. They also are trying to figure out exactly how to put it in the metal frame that is set in the glass block wall which is almost completed. It's all sorta tricky trying to pick which materials (of the limited ones we have here in Comayagua) to use to put the beautiful stained glass up. I mean, you really don't want it to break, right? I try to stay out of it and not offer any of my unintelligent suggestions because I'd feel really awful (and stupid) if my ideas were used and then failed with shards of colored glass all over the floor.
Since Brent and Monica are leaving next Monday, there's a week left to get it all done and up before they go. I'll post some photos soon of the trip we took today to Juan Pablo's birthplace of Siguatepeque, the town over the mountains. As we were driving up the winding, steep mountain road with 18 wheelers flying past us, I told Daniel's parents that to get the full effect of the trip to Juan Pablo's birth they had to imagine having contractions as we were driving. :) We bought some plants and trees to start getting some of Casa Guadalupe's green spaces going.
The construction is going really fast...though Daniel doesn't always agree, especially when he thinks: 8 more weeks until the dedication!!!

Comments