Fr. Juan Pablo - Ordination in Tijuana

Yesterday I received a comment from this blog in my inbox!  What fun surprise.  The comment-er liked our Pro-Life float from 2010 and they are going to use the idea for a float this year! That is awesome.  I love that something we did 6 years ago can be fruitful today. 
So that inspired me to write a blog post.
I wanted to tell you about how we are building a house.  And I was going to post some photos.  But I can't find any on the computer, so I'll have to take some this week and post them and tell you all about it then. 
For now I am going to post about something that happened in June 2014. 
We went on a road trip.  Now that isn't too unusual for us, since we go on a week long trip about once a year and then go to the Houston area once or twice a year to visit family and friends.  But this was different because we went international.  Yes, we crossed the border.  First we drove two days to get to San Diego. Went to Mass and the beach there.  Then we crossed into Mexico to go to then Missionary of Charity Fathers in Tijuana.  Our good friend Juan Pablo Rodriquez was being ordained to the priesthood.  We stayed in Tijuana at the Fathers place for three days.  It was a blessed time and just so much fun to visit with old friends and meet new ones.  The kids loved it. 
We went to Tijuana on Friday and attended the Mass for the Sacred Heart of Jesus that evening.  Fr. Juan Pablo was ordained the next day with one other young MC, now Fr. Eliecar.  On Sunday, they each celebrated a Mass of Thanksgiving.  On Monday, Fr. Juan Pablo celebrated Mass at the nearby convent of the Missionary of Charity Sisters.  We hung out a bit longer and then headed back north to California.  From there we went to the Grand Canyon on the several day trip back home.

[This post has been in "draft" form here since it was written in June 2016 - I thought to just send it to publish all these years later - great memories!]




Comments